IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD
IELTS CUE CARD
Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in
You should say
where it is?
what it is like?
what do you do there?
and explain why you enjoy spending time there?
- Being a travelling enthusiast, I love to visit different places.
- However, the place where I enjoy the most is the Rose Garden in my city.
Where it is?
- This garden is in the heart of the city beautiful.
- It is surrounded by commercial establishments all around.
What it is like?
- It is a botanical garden spread over 50 acres, blessed with 50,000 rose bushes of 1600 divergent species.
- It also has plants of medicinal value.
- The landscaping inside this place is alluring.
- The plants are planted judiciously in the form of beautifully carved-out lawns and flower beds.
What do you do there?
- Every weekend I visit this place the relax under the arms of nature.
- Being a nature lover, I regularly indulge in voluntary work related to the maintenance of this place.
- I pick the rubbish thrown by people and drop it in the dustbins.
- Every year a festival by the name of Rose Festival is organised in this garden, I provide backend support for that event.
- Apart from this, I regularly work to generate funds for the upkeep of this place.
Why do you enjoy spending time there?
- Whenever I visit this place, I get rid of all the worries and tensions.
- When the city is full of skyscrapers, this place provides breathing space to the residents.
- Moreover, I get a chance to widen my social circle by meeting like-minded people over here.
- Apart from this, I always get into a state of flow while having a walk over here.
- Due to this garden, I have maintained my physical and mental fitness.
IELTS Speaking Part 3: Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to cue card “Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in”.
1.How do public places change in towns or cities?
The primary motive behind creating a public place is to help the people of the towns and cities. When the choices and demands of the people living and coming to the city change, public places have to be changed accordingly. For example, the youth of this contemporary epoch uses the internet a lot, because of this reason, most of the public places these days have free wifi facility.
2. What public places do old people usually go?
Elderly people understand the significance of mother nature in our lives. That’s why they like to spend a sizeable time of their day in the arms of nature by going to places like parks, gardens etc.
3. Why do young people like to go to public places?
Young people like crowded places. At public places, they get a chance to meet and interact with people. Moreover, they get an opportunity to make new friends. Because of these reasons they prefer to go to public places.
4. Will more people move to cities in the future?
I think in the future reverse migration from cities to the countryside would happen. Because already the cites have become overpopulated, so accomodating new people would be a daunting task. Moreover, with the help of technology, individuals can make good earnings from rural areas too. Therefore the trend of moving to the cities will decline in future.