IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD
IELTS CUE CARD
Describe a special hotel you stayed in.
You should say
Where is it?
Why you went there?
What is it like?
Explain how you felt about it.
- Being a voracious traveller, I have stayed in a plethora of hotels.
- Last month I got an opportunity to stay in an unusual hotel.
Where is it? , and What it is like?
- The hotel name is Ginger Hotel, and it is in Goa.
- This hotel is quite different from other hotels.
- The unique feature this hotel has is that it operates with minimal staff.
- The savings they make from hiring less staff help them to offer a reasonable tariff to its customers.
- Apart from this, the whole hotel runs through solar power.
- All window panes have solar panels installed within them.
- Goa city experiences scorching heat throughout the year the hotel uses the sunlight by generating electricity from it in a prudent way
- Moreover, a small kitchen was there inside the room where I cooked mouth-watering delicacies for myself.
- I made huge savings for my company by staying in this hotel.
Why you went there?
- The purpose of my visit was official, I had to meet an overseas client in Goa.
- Since I had to stay for one night only, I preferred to stay in a budget hotel.
How did you feel about it?
- I felt quite amazed by the working style and atmosphere of the hotel.
- Moreover, I got immense satisfaction from the services rendered by the hotel staff.
- In the contemporary epoch, when most of the hotels charge exorbitant tariff, this hotel is setting the right precedent.
- The hotel’s central focus is not on strengthening its bottom line.
- The whole staff works tirelessly to provide a world-class experience at an affordable price.
- As per my opinion, all hotels should follow the footsteps of this hotel chain.
IELTS Speaking Part 3: Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to cue card “Describe a special hotel you stayed in”.
1. Do the ratings of people influence their choice?
People of this contemporary era pay excessive heed to ratings before making a choice. Most of the people go to websites like www.mouthshut.com and read reviews before making a decision of purchasing a product or a service.
2. How do people reserve rooms?
A large section of society uses various websites and applications like Makemytrip, Yatra and Cleartrip etc, to reserve rooms.
3. What influences people’s choice of hotels?
There are three factors which influence people’s choice of hotels. The first one is the tariff of the hotel, the second factor is the location and the third factor is the cleanliness in the hotel.
4. What’s the difference between hotels in your country and hotels abroad?
Since all big global hotel chains have hotels in my nation, there is not a big difference between the hotels in our country and hotels abroad. The only notable difference is that my nation has a hot climate that is why there is less glass work on the elevation of the hotels as compared to overseas hotels.